Pacific Training Centre for the Blind Train the Trainer Workshop
Date: Tuesday September 5 – Friday September 8 2017.
Time: Tuesday and Wednesday – 10:00am – 4:00pm, Thursday and Friday 3:00pm – 7:00pm.
Location: Victoria Disability Resource Centre, 817a Fort Street.
This four day workshop, offered free of charge, is for individuals interested in becoming an instructor at the PTCB. We are looking for blind or partially sighted adults who have independent blindness skills in at least two of the following areas: Braille, travelling with a white cane, accessing technology through a screen reader and independent life skills.
The workshop will include:
- The Foundation: including founding principles of the PTCB, its philosophy and code of ethics
- Training Basics: including the structured discovery model, use of sleep shades, peer trainers, the long white cane and problem solving.
- Assessment and Goal Setting
- Lesson Planning
- Specific Training Techniques and Tools
- PTCB Policy and Best Practices
It will include discussions, demonstrations, hands on exercises and assignments. Participants will be expected to attend all Train the Trainer sessions and will be evaluated throughout the week.
For more information please call: 250-580-4910 or email: